Sunday, August 23, 2009

In A Plane With Musharraf's Mother


Mr. Riaz Khan [riazkhan0427@gmail.com] is a retired senior bureaucrat and a blogger. On Aug. 19, he happened to share the same flight with former President Musharraf's mother and elder brother from Islamabad to Karachi.

This is what he wrote [my comments are at the bottom]:

"Dear Friends of Pakistan & of President Musharraf, I want to share my personal experience of Wednesday while coming on 3.00 PM PIA flight from ISL to Karachi. I was travelling in Economy Plus & had a window seat. A elderly lady in the same row on Aile seat sat who was assisted by a dignified man, I immediately recognized that she was Musharraf's mother & the man resembled like Musharraf although little thinner. In the front row was our bull dog looking finance minister Shaukat Tareen seated. Once the plane took off, I offered my respect to the lady & told her that how much we love his son. The person sitting next to me was Musharraf's elder brother, who is settled in Rome. Guys, he was such a humble and nice man that I cannot find words to explain him. We knew lot of mutual friends and talked during the flight. Besides, I mentioned to Musharraf mother about my father in law, while her husband was posted in Ankara & surprisingly she remembered the names of my sister in laws and mother in law. There was no protocol, no special treatment except wheel chair as offered to ordinary PIA passengers at KHI airport. Our bull dog Finance Minister did not had the courtesy to say hello to the aged lady. Outside the airport was Ayala, president's daughter to receive them. Can you imagine this happening to any of our other leaders, who had ruled the country for 9 years. One of my friend, who knows Musharraf very well visited him in his modest two bed room flat in London and was invited for dinner at his place. I was told that he was laying the table for dinner himself & was extremely happy, content and satisfied with life. There were no regrets or ill feelings against anybody & his only concern was Pakistan. Aren't we an unfortunate nation to lose a remarkable person like him & replace him with the likes of AAZ, NS & SS?"

MY COMMENTS: My dear Mr. Riaz, it was Mr. Musharraf's deliberate decision to leave Pakistan in the hands of these inept, tried, tested and failed politicians. No one forced Mr. Musharraf to do it. He did it to himself and to all of us. Washington wouldn't have imposed these cartoons on us if it wasn't for Mr. Musharraf's full endorsement. I say this with great disappointment because I was one of the rare few who backed him in the public arena in the hope that he would the right thing.

3 comments:

  1. But then again...they were VOTED into power by ordinary Pakistani citizens who were again disillusioned by their false promises! Lets remember that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Inspired Soul:

    Let's call a spade a spade. Oridinary Pakitanis are just a herd of lambs. How and why should these tried, tested and failed politicians give even a damn to them.

    @ Nadeem:
    You wrote:"No one forced Mr. Musharraf to do it."

    Though I do agree to a certain extent, nonetheless, we know it all to well that he was indeed FORCED out by the political elites.

    No one stands a chance to fight these multi-billionaires big boys mafia. Who are you kidding with?

    Walk in the shoe of a man to know a man. He did not have any other choice left. Either to die or live to fight another day.

    I am sure he chose latter. To me, at least there is still a hope.

    A. Khan
    http://pervezmusharraf.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shortly after overthrowing the civilian government of Nawaz Sharif in an October 12, 1999 military coup, Musharraf told Turkish journalists that "as a model, Kemal Ataturk [the founder of modern Turkey] did a great deal for Turkey. I have his biography. We will see what I can do for Pakistan."

    Musharraf is a windbag!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome. Please do observe common courtesy rules. This blog is linked to PakNationalists.com and follows the same comment guidelines. The purpose of this blog is to promote the views of PakNationalists on Pakistan's domestic and foreign policy interests.