Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pope Summons Nawaz-Zardari


The old and frail Pope lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of the world. He motioned for his nurse to come near. "Yes, Father?" said the nurse.


"I would really like to see Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif before I die,” whispered the priest.


"I'll see what I can do, Father," replied the nurse. The nurse sent the request to them and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived. Zardari and Nawaz Sharif would be delighted to visit the Pope.


As they went to the hospital, Nawaz commented to Zardari "I don't know why the old man wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images."


Zardari couldn't help but agree. When they arrived at the Pope’s room, the Pope took Zardari’s hand in his right hand and Nawaz Sharif's hand in his left. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old Pope’s.


Finally Nawaz spoke. "Holy Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"


The old Pope slowly replied "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."


The old priest continued, "He died between two lying thieves. I would like to do the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please do observe common courtesy rules. This blog is linked to PakNationalists.com and follows the same comment guidelines. The purpose of this blog is to promote the views of PakNationalists on Pakistan's domestic and foreign policy interests.